October 31, 2011

My philippine fashion week experience

PHILIPPINE FASHION WEEK SPRING/SUMMER 2012 
For this post, I will share/ kwento my fashion week experience.


CHAPTER I
weeks before the show
No one knows how big of a deal philippine fashion week is for me. I've been dreaming for some time now to attend this kind of event. Obviously, It is a big deal because I am making a blog post about it. I really didn't care what show I will attend, all i thought of is attending a show in the Philippine fashion week. Last week, after my DLSUCET, Kat texted me that she got me tickets for SLIMS @ 50. I was shocked. Ofcourse the first thing I thought off is not what I'm gonna wear, its who I'm gonna see. I study everyone from the fashion industry. From the editors, stylists, bloggers, designers, photographers and make-up artists. So yes, I know everyone. Well I may not know some, but I guess I know almost everyone. My heart skipped a beat. Attending a show in PFW is a big deal for me. Its only one show, but it really means alot. I can't thank Kat enough. I never thought, never in my wildest dreams would I thought that a 16 year old girl like me whos not even close to being a good fashion blogger is attending one of the biggest shows in PFW? It was surreal. I thought i was dreaming. Realized that dreams do come true. Then, I go home and find out that my dad got me 3 tickets to the Penshoppe show! I freaked out because it was really last minute. No one was available so sadly I wasn't able to attend the show. 

CHAPTER II
the day itself 

I woke up.... feeling like this day would never come. Wondering what would happen tonight. Everything still felt surreal. Never knew that one of my dreams are coming true, that night.
I started my day by going to the dentist. Which took forever so my plans of having a perfect
pampered day turned to be a painful and a bloody one. My gums are bleeding. All i thought about
while in the dentist is how can I smile when my gums are bleeding? What if Yayao would take a picture of me? Oh wells. Everything felt weird. You know. Haha! I've been waiting for this day to come since forever. Got ready. Freaked out because of the time. Oh well.

CHAPTER III



There it is. We arrived in SMX fashionably early. First thing I saw was Daryl Chang..... Awesome. Saw awesome and fashyown people. Darly Chang is one of my favorite because she has my dream job. Fashion editor of Preview Magazine. But ofcourse my mega over idols would still be The Uys. Vince, Liz and Laureen. Sadly, I didn't see even one of them. I get goosebumps when I see Vince's awesome art direction in every issue of Preview. I don't know what's with his mind and how can a person come up with such an awesome idea. With Liz, I can't imagine how her day goes. I once interned at a photoshoot and it was super tiring. Oh well hello future job. This was one hell of a experience because I went to the fashion week as nothing. I swear by next year I would have my name printed on the seat. Someday, I'll make it. I just know it.  Fashion is not a hobby for me. Its what I want to pursue. Its where I want to excel. I want to be in this industry and I know I will climb my way up.


OUTFIT

so here is what I wore to PFW day 6.



Thrifted skirt, Syrup Shoes, Landmark Clutch, PnkRibbon Shop rings and earrings
 


1 comment:

  1. So happy for you ches :) but sana ininvite mko sa penshoppe hehe joke! Gora lang girl, super fashyown ka lang! <3 I love&miss you

    ReplyDelete